Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I own a 2005 Jeep Liberty with automatic transmission and a

Customer Question

I own a 2005 Jeep Liberty with automatic transmission and a COOLSTART remote car starter. Do to a no start condition, I had a reputable repair shop fix the problem. They had to replace the ingnition cylinder and one other part just below the cylinder. Now when I press the remote button, the car will start and run about 3 seconds and it quits. It will attempt to restart a second and third time and then it stops trying to start untill I try to start it again. It will start and run normal if I use the key. The repair shop is lost. I've been told it's possible a lost tach signal. Do you have any ideas what I should look for?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Do you see a red security light on in the dash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Will it start if you disconnect the aftermarket remote start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haven't tried. Jeep will start ok without useing remote. Besides, I don't know where they made all the connections or where to look for any thing.
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

That is where I would start.. Separate the the remote start from the base vehicle to see which side your problem is on...