Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I've been having hesitation problems with my 2010 Jeep

Customer Question

Hi Tim, I've been having hesitation problems with my 2010 Jeep Patriot. Had it to Midas and the computer check was clean. Tried new air filter and injector cleaner but no change. It's driving like it's out of tune like the O2 sensor is bad but no engine light. Any ideas?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

One common component that will cause this issue here and in allot of cases wont cause a fault code to set is the mass air flow sensor.It reads the amount of air going into the engine and transmits this data to the engine computer.If this sensor is sending a false signal to the computer this will cause hesitation and running issues causing this fault here.I have seen this sensor act up several times before needing either removed and cleaned with mass air flow sensor cleaner from a parts store or removed and replaced.You can try and remove and clean it to see if this corrects the fault.Use mass air flow sensor cleaner from a parts store to spray it to clean it.If this doesnt work it may need replaced.

The sensor itself should either be inline leading from the engine air filter box to the throttle body or on the throttle body itself.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete