Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

My husband left the back drivers side door open on my 09

Customer Question

My husband left the back drivers side door open on my 09 jeep wrangler during a 4" rain and now my wipers will not turn off and the lights and any dashboard indicators do not come on. Curious as to what is wrong and if the rain has anything to do with it.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I do not think that the water/rain has anything to do with this because I do not see any circuits back in that area related to your problem. Will the wipers stop if the key is turned off?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks! Yes, the wipers turn off when the key is turned off.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok good. based on your symptoms I think you may have a problem with the TIPM. (electronic fuse box under the hood). I see issues with the TIPM sometimes. But let's try resetting it by disconnecting the negative battery cable for about 2 minutes and then reconnect it. Hopefully that will "reboot" it. If not, then the TIPM will need to be replaced. Let me know if that works!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you! and happy Thanksgiving!

Chris