sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

On the adjustment of the left side headlight is a screw

Customer Question

On the adjustment of the left side headlight is a screw adjustment that raises or lowers the focus of the headlight. I have moved the light to the extreme up position and have lost the adjustment entirely due to the internal screw moing out of the rotating part of the assembly. How do I get the screw reentered to the adjustment?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the screw has come out of the adjuster it may just be a matter of turning the adjuster in the opposite direction so the threads engage again, but the screw may be difficult to line up or the adjuster itself may be damaged. It shouldn't have fallen apart.

Do you have the headlamp out; are you able to see the adjuster and screw?