How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dan Your Own Question
Dan, Technician
Category: Jeep
Satisfied Customers: 24582
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
Type Your Jeep Question Here...
Dan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 1998 jeep grand cherokee 5.9 with a overhead

Customer Question

I have a 1998 jeep grand cherokee 5.9 with a overhead counsel. The direction on the computer works, but the degrees never changes.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** the ambient temp sensor to see if display changes, if so replace ambient temp sensor located on radiator center support. If not then problem is either overheat consel or body control module, you will need a scan tool to know for sure. Here is a picture of temp sensor to help locate. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am looking on how to make the counsel tell me the degrees for the compuss , not the heat outside.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Ok, that would mean the overheat consel has failed then. Sorry about the misunderstanding. You can disconnect battery and touch cables together for 10 seconds to try and reset it but if that doesn't help it will need to be replaced. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
R u saying you to touch the positive cable to the negative cable for 10 seconds, not hooked up to the battery at this time. Then reconnect battery terminals to battery and restart car?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

That is correct. Let me know how it goes, thanks.