Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

The following just stopped working on my 09 JK X: Hazard

Customer Question
Lights NO ESP Switch AC...
The following just stopped working on my 09 JK X: Hazard Lights NO ESP Switch AC / Heat lights (Note: AC ad Heat work fine) Lights on gear shifter - PRND12 Dome Light All else works fine on the jeep.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jeep
10/20/2015
Jeep Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done if this hasn't been done already is to check and make sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels.If you have a blown fuse replace it and see if this corrects the issue or if the fuse shorts out again.If you do have a blown fuse and when it is replaced if it shorts out again let me know which fuse this is so I can check some info on it to see if we can locate the short.If the fuses have already been checked or are checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

All fuses are good. The fuse that I believe powers the lights for this area is M13. Also checked the 2 sets of grounds from the dash board power. One set of grounds is under the left side of the dash on the outer wall of the foot well and the other is in a similar location under the right side of the dash.One item to note - when I took the dash apart there is power getting to the switch panel portion. If I place a grounded circuit tester on the back of the switch bank and touch the power wire of the hazards the hazards do work. To me that tells me there is a ground missing from somewhere but unsure. Your thoughts??

At ground G201 was there a good ground signal at this grounding point?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8jc24zdbsxyi5s/g201-10-20.gif?dl=0

Correct - I had my circuit tester clipped to both G201 and G203 when doing my testing. I also made sure the nuts on both were tightened down well.

If you jump ground from something like the battery ground to these grounds do the components then operate properly from there at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Pete, Technician