Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I just had the crank sensor replaced yesterday, now i have a

Customer Question

I just had the crank sensor replaced yesterday, now i have a hose dragging from the bottom of the engine and it starts runs drives and no warning lights. What is this hose and what is it hanging from?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dave replied 1 year ago.

It is most likely the differential drain line. It comes off the top of the front differential and is just tie strapped to the lines running up the left side of the fire wall. If you look at the front differential you should be able to see where the hose starts at. Then just go up to the fire wall as far as you can go and tie strap it to an existing line. This hose is used to let water escape if you do any off roading and the front becomes submerged in water. If you find the hose starts from someplace else just let me know.

Expert:  Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am just checking to see how things are going with the rubber hose that was lying down and if you got it reattached as I explained? If the hose did not go to the differential please give me a little more information on where it comes from. If my help was useful please remember to give me a good rating. Your deposit only pays the company I do not get paid by the company until they see you have given me a positive rating.

Thanks,

Dave