Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I need help code 0087 et 0088

Customer Question

i need help for a code 0087 et 0088
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** both these cides, it is usually a bad injection pump, the 0087 is a low rail pressure and the 0088 is a high rail pressure, the oo87 can be caused by fuel filter or the lift pump, but the 0088 will not be caused by these, the injection pump is regulated by the fuel pressure sensor, so a bad fuel pressure sensor cn cause both these codes, have you replaced the fuel pressure sensor yet?>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i didn,t replace the fuel pressure sensor are the sensor at the end of each rail with a connector on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how i do for to know wich sensor is the problem than i have ? for my high pressure?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

the one on the back is the fuel rail sensor, I would replace it, and if it still dets both these codes, then it can only be a bad injector pump,Tim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my problem is code 0087 et 0088 and you told me than my fuel rail sensor is bad where is it please ?ok the sensor in the back of the rail but which one theres two rail a right and a left ?you told me than 0088 is high pressure and the cause is the fuel rail sensor but theres two rail sensor how i do for to replace the good one ?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

the rail pressure sensor is on the drivers side rail, the other one is a fuel temp sensor, and to be clear, I said it is either a bad fuel rail pressure sensor, or a bad injection pump, replace the rail pressure sensor and if the codes return, then it can only be a bad injection pump,Tim