Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I have a 98 Cherokee XJ and everyone it rains my passenger

Customer Question

I have a 98 Cherokee XJ and everyone it rains my passenger side floor gets soaked.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

There is a bulletin about a passenger compartment water leak relating to the AC evaporator drain down tube. Does it ever leak inside with the AC on also? If not, I would suspect the windshield seal, but this is a very common problem from the AC drain tube and could allow rain water in as well if it is really plugged up.

This TSB shows how to fix the problem. It involves drilling a hole in the floorboard, cleaning out the drain and then plugging the hole you made.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to check and see if you need any additional information. Also, if I have been of some assistance I would appreciate a positive rating. Thanks!