Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 2002 Jeep Liberty limited 3.7 liter and the air

I have a 2002 Jeep Liberty limited 3.7 liter and the air condition is stuck on defrost mode alone I really need help with this problem

Hello and welcome to just answer. Have you checked the vacuum line running from the engine's intake manifold up to the fire wall where the AC and heater hoses go through ?

Chris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think it goes to through to the throttle body?

It should be connected on the intake plenum near the throttle body. Locate the line (a skinny black plastic line) coming out of the fire wall and then follow it to the engine. There should also be a check valve somewhere in the line. Let me know if you find it.

Chris

Any luck?

Chris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ill have to get back to you in a few something came up do you have any pics i can refer to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't find it do you have any pictures or diagram I can refer to?

Let me see what I can find.

Chris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks

Let's try a different approach: Open the glove box and flip the door all the way down so you can see behind the glove box. Now look for the vacuum line and check valve on the HVAC housing disconnect it and see if there is vacuum present at the line when the engine is running. Copy and paste the link below into your browser's address bar to see a picture of the line and check valve.

Chris

..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j74f7bn8zhy03te/KJ%20vacuum%20line.doc?dl=0

.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks a lot my girlfriend went to work with the Jeep and I'll let you know as soon as possible

Sounds good! I will look for your reply later.

Chris