Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

2001 jeep 4.7 HO took engine apart found 4 dome pistons and

Customer Question

2001 jeep 4.7 HO took engine apart found 4 dome pistons and 4 flat pistons is this correct
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. NO that is not correct. Where were the flat pistons, and where were the domed ones?

Chris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

On the right bank they are every other one on the left bank the first two are flat the last two are dome.

Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.

That is totally wrong. They should all be the same (domed or flat). I believe the H O version used the domed pistons, and the non H O version used flat pistons. Send me the VIN number of the Jeep and I can look up and see if your engine is a H O or not.

Chris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok will be tomorrow, I am having trouble locating domed can I go to all flats?

Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.

Yes you can use all flat pistons. That will work just fine.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.

Hello, just checking back with you. I never received your VIN number. Could you try and resend it? I f you do not want to, and am satisfied with my help, then would you please take a moment to rate my service? I do not get any credit for this unless you do. If you do rate me, then I can continue to help you if you need me,

Thanks!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris