bill
bill, jeep master tech
Experience:  25 years with jeep drivability and electrical expert
5203640

My 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited has front speakers that

Customer Question

My 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited has front speakers that only come on if I turn up the volume super high. They sound great for a little while then cut out again. I understand this is the premium factory stereo for this truck with an amplifier under
the rear seat. The guy at Best Buy said it's probably the amp that needs to be replaced. Seems odd.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

the amp DOES control the sound that comes from the speakers why does this sound odd?

if you have the vin handy I can look up the options your jeep has, as I remember though the AMP on your jeep is NOT under the rear seat it was on the older ones BUT not since 1998

Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

ok my bad it IS under the right rear seat the amp should be able to be bypassed but you will need to hardwire the system from the radio to the speakers this will eliminate the amp completely, if the sound returns the amp was faulty, which would not be uncommon on a 14 year old vehicle

Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

following up to see if you still need assistance