sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I bought a rubicon 10th anniversary rear bumper JKU Rubicon.

Customer Question

I bought a rubicon 10th anniversary rear bumper for my2014 JKU Rubicon. The part # ***** in the diagram on this page doesn't appear to new neared to install bit the Mopar directions that came with the bumper say to use them. I can bolt them to the frame but can't find where they'd attach to the bumper.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

Are you able to give a link to the diagram you're referring to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's a couple picks. 4th step is taking them off the original bumper 10th is putting them back on. There's clearly a spot on the original bumper. I can bolt them to the frame but I can't find anywhere on the new bumper to bolt them to. There's complete instructions at moparpartsinline.com if you look up the bumper. Part # *****

The lower holes in those brackets originally bolted to the bumper itself, correct? There are no holes in the replacement bumper in the same area?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lower holes bolted to the frame original bumper - not the way #4 is pictured. Either way you put them on the frame;there's nothing to bolt to on the new bumper.

I believe the instructions are just incorrect and these will not be used with the new bumper, the only other possibility would be the bumper was manufactured incorrectly and there should be bolt holes there. It's more likely that the instructions are wrong but I will need to look at one in person tomorrow to verify for sure. If you look closer at steps 6 an 7 you'll also notice that the incorrect bumpers are shown being removed and installed for those steps. Instruction errors do sometimes happen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought that may be the case. Let me know what you find out.

I should be able to get a look at one on the lot in the morning and I'll get back to you as quickly as I can! In the mean time I will continue to research.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to look at one in person today, none we have on the lot have this bumper. The service information only shows the standard bumper with the center brackets. At this point I'm still going to say the instructions are wrong but I will continue to try and get a look at one in person. I have been unable to locate any photos of this bumper from the bottom/front.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you can find out that's great but there's no way those brackets can be used unless there were parts not shipped with it.

If there were no holes in the bumper then I'm certain those brackets won't be used.

I was able to verify today in person on a new vehicle that came equipped with this bumper that there should be no holes there and these brackets are not used.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the follow up.

You're welcome!