Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 1996 GJ Cherokee 4x4 it worked good but one day it

Customer Question

I have a 1996 GJ Cherokee 4x4 it worked good but one day it stalled. And the gauges do not work none do it cranks but no start the crankshaft sensor,battery,ignition coil and computer all have been replaced. Need help thanks
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Are you getting the battery and ignition on voltage feeds to the PCM (engine computer )?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are voltage feeds when the key is on off but when it's on "on" there is no spark
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, you checked the voltages at the PCM connector with a volt meter?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then the other thing it may be is a failed cam sensor (distributor pick up plate) in the distributor. It can short out and pull the PCM down. If you have a new computer and the power feeds to it are ok, then try a new cam sensor in the distributor. Please if you can, use only an OEM Mopar sensor. Hopefull that will take care of it.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris