Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, Jeep Certified
49095596

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L It wont start. Appears no

Customer Question

Hi... 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L
It wont start. Appears no spark and tried another coil
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was also looking for a better service manual as the ones I have are inaccurate. Even the owners manual hasnt got the correct information for the fuse locations.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would like to know what voltages to expect where and if there is a fuse involved and where to trace wiring to in order to determine if the problem is a component like the computer or wiring and where to find the components. Also will the obd report a code for the problem? I don't have a reader yet but I will.
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

My recommendation at this point is to scan for the "Diagnostic Trouble Codes" (DTC's) from the onboard computers. The DTC's are used as the Starting Point for diagnosis. They let you know which system(s) the fault is in. This information is of great value for correct diagnosis. As a Technician, my first course of action is normally to scan for the DTC's. If you can obtain these codes, we can more accurately and efficiently diagnose the problem. You can borrow a code reader for FREE at your local auto part store (AutoZone, O'Reileys, Advanced, etc.). They just require a refundable deposit to cover the tool until you return it... If you post these Diagnostic Trouble Codes here, I can obtain the most accurate information to help you diagnose the Concern, and then point you towards the correct repair. Keep me posted and let me know if you have additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.

This is an automated response that was scheduled when I posted my answer. I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks!", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark My Profile Page (Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it.

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If your not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.

My goal is to answer your question to your complete satisfaction, and would like to earn your business now and in the future.

Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Robert