Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

I need a complete instructions manual or video on how to

Customer Question
properly refurbish a Jeep Liberty...
I need a complete instructions manual or video on how to properly refurbish a Jeep Liberty 2007 3.7L engine with diesel fuel
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jeep
8/13/2015
Jeep Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
Honestly, for directions and videos to essentially rebuild this engine would take hours of doing nothing but uploading them of which I would have to charge substantially more for my time. You would be better off buying a month subscription to alldata for $25 and download the directions yourself.
If you want me to do upload them, let me know and I will send you an additional service offer. Once accepted, I will start the process of uploading the information.
It is not the engine rebuild process I need it is the transmission. Please advise
I need the transmission rebuild instructions or manual. Please advise asap
HI,
Just need the transmission model
5-45RFE
HI,
Hmmm, I am only pulling up for a 42RLE. can you get me the 17 digit VIN number and I will look it up by that
the transmission code I sent you is the correct one. This is a diesel Jeep Liberty apparently is UK made that why you are not pulling the correct info. I don't have the VIN handy but I am 100% sure of the transmission code. Go ahead and google the code. In the meantime I will attempt to get the VIN# ***** I gave you all the correct car specs.
HI,
I believe you, its just that I am not able to pull it up thru normal procedure so I want to try with the VIN number
can't get theVIN# ***** at least until Thursday. Can't you assist without the VIN? Is there any additional information needed that I can provide for full vehicle specs so we can sort this out quickly W/O the VIN? Please advise
HI,
Unfortunately I will need the VIN and even then I cant guarantee that I will have the rebuild directions due to being a UK model. Since you need it ASAP, I will open it back up incase someone has the directions handy.
Hi there? Would you please explain what you meant with "I will open it back up incase someone has the directions handy"
Can you send the instructions for the 42RLE transmission code? Maybe it may help? Please advise
Eric,
Here is the VIN#1J4G6E8507W721821. You may try www.vindecoderz.com to decode the VIN or applicable VIN decoders you may know. Please send me an update
How to I get contact with the other mechanic Eric has referred me to?
Please advise asap
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager