Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 2007 Laredo 3.7. Last week driving in the mountains

Customer Question

Hi I'm Jeff,
I have a 2007 Laredo 3.7. Last week driving in the mountains and it just died. Can start it back up after 10 min and died again with in 2 miles. Let it cool over night and drove it home the next day with no problems. No codes showed up. I just got the vehicle. No transmission dipstick. So I don't believe there has been a transmission service done on it. It has 135000 miles on it. Bought a dipstick. Transmission fluid a little low but not bad and doesn't smell that burnt as I was expecting. My question is can an overheating transmission just shut off the vehicle without warning? The engine temp gauge ran normal. Also how can I find out if it's the TCM, specifically the transmission heat sensor?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. Based on symptoms it sounds like new fuel pump has failed, have you checked pressure? If not I'd start by doing that and verifying pump is getting good power/ground then replace the pump if it is. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.