sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2002 jeep grand Cherokee overland and the a/c works

Customer Question

I have a 2002 jeep grand Cherokee overland and the a/c works but air flow on the front vents is too low or weak can you help me thanks
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are a handful of things that can cause low air volume. I'm assuming you're familiar with the normal volume for these and it has diminished.
The problem could be a blockage in the heater box. The evaporator could be encrusted with dirt and disc buildup, there could be something foreign in the heater box such as rodent next material or leaves. It's also possible that you have a broken door or actuator issue. Outside of a couple of the actuators that are accessible, any of these issues would require removal and disassembly of the heater box to diagnose and repair.
The other possibility would be the blower motor not running at full speed. If the motor is failing or has a poor power or ground, which wouldn't be that common, then the motor can run slowly which will diminished air volume.