sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Liberty: I have a 2005 jeep liberty 3.7 . When it starts it

Customer Question

I have a 2005 jeep liberty 3.7 . When it starts it runs fine . If I shut it off and let it set for 20-30 min it will not start . It cranks over will fire a little, just will not start. If you let it set several days it will start again.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are quite a few things that could be causing the no start condition. it could be a wiring, AD relay, or powertrain control module related issue or you may be losing fuel pressure. It's possible that cam or crank signal is being lost due to a wiring or connection issue, the coils and injectors may be losing power from the ASD relay, the fuel pump may be failing or losing it's power or ground feed.
The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to check for fault codes. Do you know if any codes are setting?