Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Commander: Mark,I'm a bit stumped by my 08 Commander. I

Customer Question

Mark,
I'm a bit stumped by my 08 Commander. I recently replaced my clockwork spring to correct an airbag light, a non-function ING horn, and steering wheel controls. During the installation I bent a pin and stI'll had no horn or control button functionality. I visually checked a series of fuses, prior to discovering a bent pin on one of the CWS connectors. Once I corrected that, the steering wheel functions just like the brochure says.
On my first after repair drive, the traction control icon, and ESP BAS lights are on. I disconnected the battery again, to no avail. I'm assuming I removed power to the ABS module while checking fuses, while the engine computer was monitoring it causing the fault. If that is the case, how do I clear/reset it? And if not what other possibit is are there?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.
What codes are setting in the Airbag module?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
None. The air bag system is fine. The clockwork spring fixed that. The ESP BAS light and traction control lights are on.
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.
You will need a scanto to initialize the SAS..
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.
Steering angle sensor