sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2000 Grand cherokee and the AC works but no matter

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Grand cherokee and the AC works but no matter what setting (floor, windshield defroster, etc) it always blows out the main vents. I pulled the dash and can see the levers changing. And my fan area is constantly leaking water. I pushed a tube in and blew air in the drain under the hood but I get nothing. I'm stumped.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! If you can see the mode door actuator working yet modes won't change then the problem has to be a broken mode door. It isn't' uncommon for the doors to break and then the actuator will still turn when commanded but the door itself won't move. If you're positive the mode door actuator is moving correctly the the heater box will need to be removed and disassembled to inspect/replace the door. If you're unable to clear the heater box drain externally then it can be much more easily dealt with when the heater box is disassembled. The tube and the box itself can be cleaned from inside.