sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chris, I have a 2008 Jeep Wrangler. My driver's side seat

Customer Question

Hi Chris, I have a 2008 Jeep Wrangler. My driver's side seat is will not recline. It seems like it is stuck on the opposite side of the lever. Any suggestions?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
You almost surely have a locked up recliner mechanism. If one side does move then you know the linkage from the handle is intact.
You can first do a visual inspection to see if you're able to find any physical damage, something foreign in the seat adjuster blocking movement, anything of that nature. I assume this has already been done.
If nothing can be seen then the seat will need to be removed and dissembled to gain access to the adjuster and verify that's the issue.