Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a2014 jeep Sahara. It has the premier top. I would…

Customer Question
I have a2014 jeep Sahara...
I have a2014 jeep Sahara. It has the premier top. I would like a parts breakdown of the componties of the soft top frame. I want to know if there are several parts of just the entire top.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Jeep
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/30/2015
Jeep Mechanic: Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech replied 3 years ago
Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
If I could get the last 8 of your VIN I could give you a picture showing the parts..
Brad
El240612
Its a parts breakdown
I have a 2 door
This is VIN filtered for your vehicle.. It says it's a 2014 Wrangler Copperhead in color.
Does my vin show 4 door?
Color is correct
I don't understand filtered
No it shows a 2 door.. And what I mean by VIN filtered is that it's not a generic parts list, it's only for your VIN..
What is a number 24 called
I don't see those on mine
Or31
The front and back rods that are connected with hings are binding. Not lining straight with trying to slide the cover over the hinge
Was it like this new or has someone damaged the top?
I bought used 8000
It seems the slides are bowgings the top. Causing a gap to form at area where the top meets the top of the door
8000 miles
I'm not sure what's wrong with it.. Diagnosing a top issue will be very difficult over chat, and bring it still under warranty I would have your nearest Jeep dealership have a look and see what's going on..
If you haven't damaged it then it should be covered if anything needs to be replaced
The dealer has no real idea
SAd
Did the dealership look at it allready? What did they say?
I got the service manger Involed this morning. He played with it for awhile and then he brought over another tech. I asked them if they had much experience troubleshooting. Neither did. He then brought in a 2015 the top on the 2015 worked perfectly. Hinges lined up. Sliders moved easily. I told them that's right operation. He called me later and sId he wasordering a hinge or something. I was checking with you about the parts that could be ordered
I may go to a second dealer and if what they say. Is that something worth checking. Or just keep going back to them. I have been there three times already
Have they installed the new hinge yet?
No the manger said he was ordering it. And he would call me. Let me ask you. Should my top work as well as the other new Wramger did? Should I require them repair or replace parts to get it to operate as the other did? If they say this is the best they can do. What are my options?
Should I go to another dealership and see what they say?
If they can't fix it I would go to a different dealership..
I just left another dealer this guy knows his stuff. He said its out of ailinement. Is that something a good tech can handle. Or does it take a factory trained tech?
It sounds like you need to let him fix it since he spotted the issue..
I am going to another jeep dealer tomorrow morning at 1030. Iam going to see what they say. See how many results three different dealers come up with. Oh the first dealer service manger called me today and said he may have the parts he ordered tomorrow. I will let him install them and see where that's goes. I will write you after. The second dealer is unable to repair a soft top ailment problem. Something about digital pictures to send off.
Its called digital imaging we have to send in pictures to Chrysler to get the authorization..
I will let you know what they say
Ok.. Glad I could help and thank you for the positive rating.Brad