Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

I have a2014 jeep Sahara. It has the premier top. I would

Customer Question

I have a2014 jeep Sahara. It has the premier top. I would like a parts breakdown of the componties of the soft top frame. I want to know if there are several parts of just the entire top.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.
If I could get the last 8 of your VIN I could give you a picture showing the parts..
Brad
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
El240612
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.
Does this help
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.
Its a parts breakdown
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a 2 door
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.
This is VIN filtered for your vehicle.. It says it's a 2014 Wrangler Copperhead in color.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does my vin show 4 door?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Color is correct
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't understand filtered
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.
No it shows a 2 door.. And what I mean by VIN filtered is that it's not a generic parts list, it's only for your VIN..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is a number 24 called
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't see those on mine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Or31
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.
Here is parts list.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The front and back rods that are connected with hings are binding. Not lining straight with trying to slide the cover over the hinge
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.
Was it like this new or has someone damaged the top?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I bought used 8000
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It seems the slides are bowgings the top. Causing a gap to form at area where the top meets the top of the door
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
8000 miles
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure what's wrong with it.. Diagnosing a top issue will be very difficult over chat, and bring it still under warranty I would have your nearest Jeep dealership have a look and see what's going on..
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.
If you haven't damaged it then it should be covered if anything needs to be replaced
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The dealer has no real idea
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
SAd
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.
Did the dealership look at it allready? What did they say?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I got the service manger Involed this morning. He played with it for awhile and then he brought over another tech. I asked them if they had much experience troubleshooting. Neither did. He then brought in a 2015 the top on the 2015 worked perfectly. Hinges lined up. Sliders moved easily. I told them that's right operation. He called me later and sId he wasordering a hinge or something. I was checking with you about the parts that could be ordered
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I may go to a second dealer and if what they say. Is that something worth checking. Or just keep going back to them. I have been there three times already
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.
Have they installed the new hinge yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No the manger said he was ordering it. And he would call me. Let me ask you. Should my top work as well as the other new Wramger did? Should I require them repair or replace parts to get it to operate as the other did? If they say this is the best they can do. What are my options?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Should I go to another dealership and see what they say?
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.
If they can't fix it I would go to a different dealership..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just left another dealer this guy knows his stuff. He said its out of ailinement. Is that something a good tech can handle. Or does it take a factory trained tech?
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like you need to let him fix it since he spotted the issue..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am going to another jeep dealer tomorrow morning at 1030. Iam going to see what they say. See how many results three different dealers come up with. Oh the first dealer service manger called me today and said he may have the parts he ordered tomorrow. I will let him install them and see where that's goes. I will write you after. The second dealer is unable to repair a soft top ailment problem. Something about digital pictures to send off.
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.
Its called digital imaging we have to send in pictures to Chrysler to get the authorization..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will let you know what they say
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.
Ok.. Glad I could help and thank you for the positive rating.Brad