Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

94 jeep cherokee country won't fire

Customer Question

94 jeep cherokee country won't fire
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Clayso replied 2 years ago.
Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience. To check for no spark. 1. Check for battery voltage to coil positive when cranking.2. If OK, check the negative side of the coil for toggle to ground. Connect a test light between coil negative and B+. The test light should flash when cranking.If you have no spark and the test light is pulsing, the ignition coil is defective. Also check for injector pulse. With a noid light plugged into one of the fuel injector harness connectors, spin the engine over the noid light should pulse on and off.No spark and no pulse is most likely a defective crankshaft position sensor. For me to go further into detail on this I have to know whether there is spark and pulse at the coil and at the injector harness. I hope this information is helpful to you.Should you have any questions please let me know.Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you. Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.Thanks so much.