Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Xj sport: Getting code p1297 replaced map sensor with no relief…

Customer Question
Getting code p1297 replaced map...
Getting code p1297 replaced map sensor with no relief from problem which is in all gears at 3k rpm she bogs down bad til I let off gas then she goes to next gear. Just got O2 sensor replaced and vacuum leak fixed but still getting this code. She is a big girl with 33 s and an eaton m62 supercharger. Just 3 weeks ago she was on the dyno and performed like a champ but with bad weather and time she took a dive quick. Getting her back right but can't figure this out. Getting xhaust replaced from the cat back so I was gonna have him check for blockages when he's rippin old one off
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Jeep
Question is obviously if the map sensor isn't bad what do you think is making it read that code? And what is making her bog down at 3k rpms in every gear??
6/20/2015
Jeep Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 3 years ago
Greg
Greg, Technician
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
If you have replaced the MAP and still getting the same problem then this only leaves the wiring harness ,connection or a bad PCM.
This code means the computer is seeing no change in the map sensor signal when the engine is started.
The map sensor measures engine vacuum so the computer can adjust air/fuel parameters.
Your vacuum is okay sensor changed so now check the connections and wiring harness, if all look good suspect PCM .
If you have a scan tool with live data check that its seeing data and adjusting with engine speed
Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rate buttons .
This way i can get back to you and suggest other options or suggest another Expert .
Kindest regards Greg
Can I check the wiring harness with my multimeter? If not how do I check that ?
Yes you can check the wiring with your multimeter .
One wire should have 5 volts witch is supplies by the PCM then you have the sensor ground and the signal wire .
the signal wire should have 0.5volts at zero pressure reading and with full scale 4.5Volts.
Using a vacuum pump gauge on the map is an easier way to check. from zero to 15psi and you should have 0.5volts to 4.5volts ..
Now do the same at the PCM side wiring harness..if the same data is on the PCM side then try another PCM.
Please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.
Please side wiring harness?? There are 3 sets of wires running into pcm how do I know what is what?
Pcm not please....
Wiring from and to the PCM will have the same colors
Greg
Oh confusion... I couldn't figure out how to check the wires, but when I unplugged the map sensor to put the old one back in, I also unplugged the tips sensor she died then started her back up with both map and tips sensors plugged in again and she ran like a dream for like 5 minutes. Wasn't bogging down was perfect. Parked her in driveway got back in 5 min later and back to same issue...grrr
Okay do the following disconnect the battery for 10 minutes then reconnect and test drive , after she start playing up again recheck for codes .
The test i gave you above was to check with the connectors still connected .
Greg
Gimme a refund dude, your fix didn't fix and I paid for fast service, i haven't gotten that. Why when I ask for a refund is it the only time u have actually been around to respond quickly lol just refund me or I'll make a stink.
Hi ..
I have not received any payment to refund you, for me to be paid for my service you have to rated good to excellent, which you have not done .
So the deposit you paid is still yours, and is in your Justanswer account .
Please get in contact with customer support and request a refund.
Thank you and have a nice Sunday..
Kind regards Greg