Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Jeep grand cherokee Laredo: Where is the air conditioner fuse…

Customer Question
Where is the air conditioner...
Where is the air conditioner fuse located on a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jeep
6/12/2015
Jeep Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Hello I will help you with your question,
Fuse #1 in the underhood fuse block is the blower motor supply
Fuse #20 in the underdash fuse block is the supply to the controls
Fuse #21 in the underhood fuse block supplies the compressor clutch
Fuse #21 in the underdash fuse block supplies the compressor clutch relay control.
If you have automatic zone control for your HVAC controls fuse #7 in the underdash fuse block feeds those controls.
Please let me know how I can help
Thank you
Thank you, ***** ***** need some time to locate pull and replace fuses I will get back to you soon.
Great, please let me know if you have further questions
Thank you
Okay all the fuses are not burnt. However I replaced #1 a 40 amp and am waiting on a new # ***** under hood. The under dash were a 15 Amp and a 20 amp and were fine also
Do you have power at the fuses?
What problem did you need the fuse location for?
I had several the ;air cond, the power windows, and the headboard module in the middle of the headboard stopped working all at the same time. I mean all at once right after I got in the door started it and tried to start the air cond.Its like something just blew out so I started on the air cond. first
the door locks work the headboard computer hgives some info but not all of it
I don't know how useful I would be for this, I thought you just needed the location of the AC fuses but it sounds like it has larger issues than just that so I will OPT OUT of your question and maybe one of the other techs will want to take it on. At least you do know the location of the fuses and can check for voltage at those fuses.
Is it possible that the Main computer under hood could be the culprit I bought a reflashed one on the internet when My fan for th radiator would not work.
Wow I pulled the 50 amp fuse for the power window under the hood an put it back ...now every thing works !!! Un freeking believable ?!!!!!!!
Jeep Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The problem was most likely an electrically locked up driver's door module if everything came back with a power cycle. If the problem does return then either the module is going to need to be replaced or there may be a wiring issue and pulling the fuse and having it work was just a coincidence. The most common cause of a door module being down is broken wiring in the boot between the door and body. The powers, grounds and communication bus voltage at the module would need to be verified before condemning it.
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician