sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Grand cherokee: Dan my name is***** have a 07/01 Jeep Grand

Customer Question

Hi Dan my name is***** have a 07/01 Jeep Grand Cherokee that the power windows don't work. My customer(used car lot) was momitoring coolant temp with a scanner when they stopped working. Master drivers door switches work fine in in a similar jeep. I have 12vpower on brown or tan wire with blue tracer and good ground on black wire. I even tried a jumper to ground on black wire to be sure. No power out on any of other wires. Door locks and mirrors work fine.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If you have lost all control from the driver's door then either the door module has failed or it's missing an input. If the module has been verified good then the problem has to be loss of power, ground or communication bus.
It would be a good idea to load test the power and ground to be sure they're actually good. By far the most likely cause for this is a broken wire in the boot between the door and body.
If the power and ground load test ok then the problem has to be lack of PCI bus voltage to wake the module up. this is the yellow/violet wire. If there is no bus voltage at the module then the bus wire is most likely broken in the door boot.