Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Grand Cherokee: Alarm went off when trying to open my car.

Customer Question
Alarm went off when trying...
Alarm went off when trying to open my car. Started the car with the alarm on and it still wouldn't not let me drive
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Jeep
6/12/2015
Jeep Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Hi A factory alarm system should of disabled when you inserted the key into the ignition and turned it. When you say you could not drive, are you saying you could not get it started? this sounds more so like an aftermarket electronic device has been added to the vehicle, is that the case. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris