Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I cannot start my Jeep Grand Cherokee, automatic. Start

Customer Question
Hi I cannot start my...
Hi I cannot start my Jeep Grand Cherokee, automatic. Start circuit and mechanics fine. Ground signal to Start relay from park/Neutral switch missing. Where can I look
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Jeep
6/12/2015
Jeep Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
Ground to the starter relay comes from the transmission range sensor through the brown/yellow wire at pin 3 of the solenoid pack connector on the left side of the trans. What you'll need to do is check for ground there, if there is ground at the solenoid pack connector but not the relay then there is an open circuit in between.
If there is no ground at the solenoid pack connector and connections are good then the solenoid pack will need to be replaced assuming it's fully going into park, the range sensor is part of the solenoid pack.