How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dan Your Own Question
Dan, Technician
Category: Jeep
Satisfied Customers: 24578
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
Type Your Jeep Question Here...
Dan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I,ve got a 2001 jeep grand cherokee 4L Everytime I

Customer Question

I,ve got a 2001 jeep grand cherokee 4L Everytime I accelerate from a stop it seems like its starting out in second gear, slow to get up to speed, but when it does, its fine and it will downshift when wanting to pass. The Snap-On scanner detects code "1756
Governor-MID Pressure Malfunction" is the problem some sort of governor valve in the transmission?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** is a common problem, you will want to replace the governor pressure sensor and solenoid to fix. Here are replacement instructions, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.