Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Have a Jeep and the air conditioner compressor will not

Customer Question
engage . I am sure...
Have a Jeep and the air conditioner compressor will not engage . I am sure I checked the fuses but when you push A/C switch inside it blinds but does not engage the clutch on compressor.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Jeep
6/3/2015
Jeep Mechanic: Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech replied 3 years ago
Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!
My name is ***** ***** I'm a 16 yr Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep dealership technician that will be helping you today. ***NOTE*** This is not a FREE site, the deposit you placed will not credit me unless you rate me positive, and feel free to reply to me as many times as needed even after the rating.
Is it full of freon? What are the pressures?
I can not get the compressor to come on to check Freon pressure but just will the gauges on 98 on high side and 88 on low side
HI,
Do you have a 134a recovery machine to determine to amount of freon on the system?
Brad
No I don't
HI,
Here is the wiring for the a/c compressor:

The TIPM which is the fuse box under the hood controls the relay with an internal relay. I would like to verify you have the proper charge first, then if it still will not actuate you will need a scantool to monitor the low and high side pressure transducers and if the a/c is requested on.
I hope this helps, and if you need anymore assistance all you have to do is reply..
And feel free to request me for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs.
Have a great day,
Brad
Brad I did not receive the wiring diagraph from you.
Sorry the site is acting up..

//f01.justanswer.com/ref/http_i.imgur.com/TdkUoK5.png
Have a great day,
Brad
Brad I checked the fuses they were okay so we hooked scanner up and it has 2 fault code B1035 and a stored code of B210a and we activated the A/C and it says it is but the clutch is not activating on scanner command.
HI,
Per B1035 you ned to replace the HVAC control head. Here is the diag:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8p5dzjpq0t210sw/B1035.pdf?dl=0
Have a great day,
Brad
We are waiting for the part to come in and hopefully it will be here today or tomorrow Brad.
HI,
Sounds like a plan, and you know that you can still reply after the rating if you need more assistance..
Have a good one,
Brad
Brad I got the new HVAC control head and replaced it and the compressor still will not come on.
What codes are active?
Brad
the 2 codes are B1035 and B105D and we requested the a/c to engage with the scanner and it said it was on but then it said a/c clutch not engaged.
Are the codes active?
Active one is B1035 and the B105D is stored
Did you replace it with a OEM new HVAC control head?
Yes we did.
I am sorry Brad yes it was a new one.. Not OEM because I could not find one.
Guess no one is going to be able to help us on this one. Thanks