Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

My grand cherokee 2002 passenger air bag deployed after 2recalls…

Customer Question
My grand cherokee 2002 passenger...
My grand cherokee 2002 passenger air bag deployed after 2recalls took it to the dealer they replaced a hose which was not mentioned in the recal recommendation and told me I need to purchase a module where as the recal spoke of m35(12 v-527)or n13(13 v040)replacement .should I be held responsible for the repairs incured
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Jeep
I have taken the vehicle to the dealer a number of occasions to no avail even as I now text and I pay services rendered without satisfaction engine service is a situation that to this day has never been resolved and air bag alarm is very annoying to this very moment among other problems
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I am yet waiting on your call
From 8.32 to present can't be idle waiting for how longer this will be .
Seeing that you have not called or given the slighest respond my now question is are you there or are you yet seeking expert advise?
6/3/2015
Jeep Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the airbag went off randomly while driving without any sort of accident, bump, etc then it's most likely related to the M35 recall. For the M35 recall a filter was installed at the airbag module to prevent inadvertent deployment of the airbags. The issue is still happening on some vehicles after the recall has been performed and an investigation into this was opened long ago.
What I would recommend is contacting Chrysler customer assistance and starting a case. They may or may not be able to do anything initially but if you do have to pay for the repair you can be reimbursed in the future if the recall is reissued or revised. Based on the investigation of the problem still happening after the recall I do expect the recall will be done again in some form on all vehicles that already had it.