Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Wrangler: I have a small vibration that I mostly feel n the…

Customer Question
I have a small vibration...
I have a small vibration that I mostly
feel n the steering wheel while going around 35 mph, 2013 jeep wrangler
Unlimited, I've had the tires balanced n rotated , I also replaced the CV joints, still vibrating
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jeep
5/30/2015
Jeep Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 2 years ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you! If you are sitting in the Jeep and slowly rev the engine up in park or neutral, can you make the vibration happen?
Chris
No, its only when I'm going around 35mph
Stock tires?
Chris
Yeah, no modifications at all
N its not steady, comes n
goes
Mechanic took what looked like the front drive shaft loose, n said it looked fine
Have you driven it with the front drive shaft removed?
Chris
No
Ok I recommend removing the drive shaft again and drive it. See if the vibration stops if it does, then replace the drive shaft. If the vibration continues, then I think the problem is in a transmission mount or you have something contacting the frame or body like an exhaust pipe or something hitting the body. Ask your mechanic to try and check those things. I hope that this information is helpful and please let me know if you need further assistance.
Chris
OK thanks
You are welcome. Hopefully this will help.
Chris
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!
Thank you!
Chris
Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman