bill
bill, jeep master tech
Experience:  25 years with jeep drivability and electrical expert
5203640

Grand Cherokee: Sunroof wont close all the way, Is there a

Customer Question

Sunroof wont close all the way, Is there a way to manually close it?
I have a short youtube video showing the problem, if you can watch them click here
https://youtu.be/vCo8Qcl1yO0
Category: Jeep
Expert:  bill replied 2 years ago.

hi i'm bill
welcome to just answer
please remember I am NOT there in front of you! my answers are based on your information

there is no FACTORY method of manually closing this sunroof, you will need to pull the headliner down and remove the motor to manually ATTEMPT to close the glass fully, there is no guarantee you will be able to push the glass closed, though, these were a old design sunroof and the only thing we used to be able to replace was the entire unit, glass and motor assembly.

if you are handy i can get you a link to the directions for removing the motor, it is an involved process and will take you most of a day,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes that would be great

Expert:  bill replied 2 years ago.

here is a link to the removal directions it is in word format please print them out and ask if you have any further questions, with the motor being inop IF you have a test lamp and are very familiar with electricity it would be a good time to see why the motor is inoperative as well

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hcuifeq49yumwd6/SUNROOF.docx?dl=0

Expert:  bill replied 2 years ago.
following up to see if you need further assistance?