Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

Commander: My 2008 Jeep commander will not turn over there

Customer Question
My 2008 Jeep commander will...
My 2008 Jeep commander will not turn over there is no battery issue
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jeep
5/24/2015
Jeep Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are quite a few things that can cause the starter to not engage.
The problem could be with the transmission range sensor or wiring, the powertrain control module may not be awake, there could be an internal issue in the integrated power module, the ignition switch, it could be the starter itself or a cable/connection issue.
If you get a single click from the engine compartment then the most likely cause would be the starter.
The two most common things I've seen cause starter issues on these is the starter itself and a poor connection between the terminal and wire at the terminal crimp on the starter solenoid wire.
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician