Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

I have a 2007 Commander Sport Awd/4wd 105,000 miles we recently

Customer Question
bought. Yesterday the following indicator...
i have a 2007 Commander Sport Awd/4wd 105,000 miles we recently bought. Yesterday the following indicator lights came on at the same time while driving: BRAKE, ABS, TCS, ESP/BAS. I have noticed that they cycle normally (on then off) upon starting the vehicle and will not come on in reverse but consistently all come on at the same time upon hitting 11-12 mph going forward, everytime. (one thing i have noticed with the brakes is that ther is not much parking brake). Any ideas?
Thanks,
Ken
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jeep
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/21/2015
Jeep Mechanic: Chad, Lead Master Tech replied 2 years ago
Chad
Chad, Lead Master Tech
Hello, to be able to find out the problem with your vehicle, we need to know what the code is in the ABS module.I can tell you that all the lights that are on are related.It will probably be a simple fix, probably a wheel speed sensor, but I need to know what the code is.Most auto parts stores will scan for codes for free.
Try to pull a code with my SCT and it indicated there was none.
Does it read ABS module code?The scanner has to be able to read ABS codes.Does it read live data?If so, see and monitor all four wheel speed sensors while driving.
I just checked and the SCT does not read ABS module codes.
Was just checking that myself. I will have to go to the shop in te morning to get the codes read. Can I get back to you tomorrow ?
Yes, that is no problem
Thanks. I have also read online that it could be caused by a dirty speed sensor and that removing and cleaning them may resolve the issue. ??
I have not heard of removing and cleaning them to fix the problem.But you could try.But do all of them since you don't know what the code is.
Thanks again. I will get the code read in the am. Cheers
OK, let me know when you get them
I guess because the lights go out when you first start the vehicle the auto shop guys can't retrieve a code. Funny enough though they went out this morning on their own. ??
Did you take them out and clean them?
Not yet, went to the shop first. Just starting to take things apart now. Will clean them anyway though.
Okay, let me know if the light comes back on.
Chad
Chad
Chad, Lead Master Tech