sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Grand cherokee: I have a 1997 jeep grand Cherokee Laredo. an

Customer Question

I have a 1997 jeep grand Cherokee Laredo. an audible alarm is sounding when I put the car in drive or reverse only when I take my foot of the brake and the jeep starts to move
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
You're most likely hear a warning from the vehicle information center, in the center of the dash in front of the shifter.
If the sound is coming from the EVIC it will be three short beeps, a pause, and three more.
If that's where the noise is coming from then the EVIC itself has failed or it's seeing an issue in a monitored system. The EVIC watches rear lights, door ajar, transfer case position, and coolant level. Watch the screen and see if anything is being displayed. It isn't uncommon for these to fail and show warnings when there isn't actually an issue.