Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Trying to track down a shifting issue with my 2000 4.7

Customer Question

trying to track down a shifting issue with my 2000 4.7
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
still a mystery I have a 2-3 gear erratic shift where it races to 2500-3500 rpm before engaging everything else feels smooth and the jeep does pulled from a stand still with good force.I replaced both filters and exchanged about 8 quarts of fluid and used Castrol synthetic a+4 only.
I installed a transgo hd2 kit which replaced the seals and changed the springs on the actuators inside the valve body
I replaced the solenoid pack, and the input sensor and output sensor
the only thing I haven't replace is the line pressure sensor, TPS, transmission computer.
I noticed that the ground straps under the jeep are missing maybe giving false readings and not proper pressure.
I have no codes active that I can read with a generic code reader or the dashboard.
I have the 2000 jeep grand Cherokee limited with 4.7 engine and the quadratrac drivetrain with a 45rfe transmission.
I am at witts end why I would shift like this.
Hi
There is a TSB to reprogram the TCM for 203 shift issues, has this been done. If not then I suggest that first, if it still continues then I suspect more so a valve body issue where as pressure is not getting to the overdrive clutch fast enough or the clutch is slipping.
-
It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information/explanations to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am. There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & I have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the transgo shift kit replace the springs and seals in the valve body along with adding a new accumulator plate? so the shift programing is that done at the dealer only ?
A dealer equivalent tool is used. Some shops outside of a dealership have this tool.