Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

Jeep Wrangler: I have a 2002 Jeep Wrangler with 90900 wiles

I have a 2002 Jeep...
I have a 2002 Jeep Wrangler with 90900 wiles and it seems as though my wrist piston needs to be replaced. I have an appointment tomorrow at the dealership service department. I was wondering if you could give me a ball part cost for the repair (assuming that it all and exactly the problem) so I will know if they are trying to take me for a ride. Thanks
7/27/2013
Dan, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem solved. It really depends on how much they are trying to charge for labor and parts but in my opinion I'd expect to pay around $2000. Here are the shop rates which is what you should be expected to pay for each job depending on what all they do. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else at all I can do to help. Thanks.

-

http://db.tt/hRp7jn47

Thank you very much for the reply. More than I was hoping but it is what it is. I opened the pdf file, I am only seeing one amount in $ and that is for the $79.25 for the parts. Am I missing other price breakdowns or was it just

implied that the rest of the $2000 was for labor?

Also, mu husband is a mechanic, not usually for cars, he was more into nuclear and diesel engins on submarines but he is not helpless when it comes to cars. Is there any part/parts of the repair he could do to cut the cost? He has already told me he doesn't have what he needs to pull the pan and get in from the bottom.

Thanks again.

There is about $1300 in labor and around $700 in parts. The PDF was just so you had paper work to see what they should be charging for hours worked. There really isn't too much he can do other then call around and get some quotes. Most shops charge a extra fee if the customer buys their own parts or do not warranty them so you do not end up saving anything. Let me know if you have any other questions at all. Thanks.
Dan, Technician
Dan, Technician