Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

Location of crank sensor for a wrangler sport 94.

Customer Question
location of crank sensor for a wrangler sport 94.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Jeep
3/26/2011
Jeep Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The crank sensor on your Wrangler goes down into the bellhousing of the transmission. Slide underneath and look up toward the top of the bellhousing on the left side. At about the 11:00 position you'll see a sensor that goes down into the bellhousing, held in with either one or two small bolts. This is the crank sensor. It's wiring goes up into the engine compartment, where you'll find the connector either at the end of the fuel rail or at the rear of the engine block on the right side.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician