Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

I need to remove the fan clutch assembly to facilitate

Customer Question
radiator replacement. I've acquired the...
I need to remove the fan clutch assembly to facilitate radiator replacement. I've acquired the spanner and 36 mm wrench to accomplish this. I've read that the fan clutch nut is right hand threaded and should be turned clockwise to remove. I've recently saw a thread on another web site that corrects this and says the nut is standard thread and should be turned counter clockwise to remove. Which is the truth. I have a 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited with 3.7L V-^.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Jeep
3/9/2011
Jeep Mechanic: Ron Z., - Jeep Tech - replied 6 years ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Jeep Tech -

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

graphic

• Remove fan blade/viscous fan drive assembly from water pump using special tool 6958 spanner wrench and 8346 adapters, by turning mounting nut counterclockwise as viewed from front. Threads on viscous fan drive are RIGHT HAND.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Jeep Tech -
Ron Z.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Jeep Tech -