Mark
Mark, 22 Year Factory trained technician
Experience:  Jeep factory training........25 years in the industry.
12104952

Jeep grand cherokee: abs..break light..eps and traction control light

Out of the blue my abs break light and eps and traction control light all came on- Jeep grand cherokee 2007

Any ideas??
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Mark replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer Jeep my name is Mark.

The most common issue for this problem is going to be a faulty abs speed sensor. Determining which sensor is causing the problem however is going to require the use of a scan tool to monitor the sensor readings and also retrieve any fault codes that have been stored.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Where are the sensors located and do I have to bring it to a shop to have it fixed?

Also, it is ok to drive until then?
Expert:  Mark replied 7 years ago.
Yes it will be ok to drive. The abs will not function but your regular brakes will still work fine. Each wheel will have a sensor so this is why you need a shop to use their scan tool to identify which one is the problem so you don't replace parts you don't need to.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There are several recalls for the breaks on the 2007 jeep GC- do you think that one of those issues could be my problem?
Expert:  Mark replied 7 years ago.
I've looked at the recalls and they do not appear to be related to the troubles you currently have. If you would like to send me the last 8 digits of your VIN I can see if any of these recalls need to be done to your particular vehicle.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
7c655960
Expert:  Mark replied 7 years ago.
Ok Thanks. I've checked that VIN and there are no past or current recalls for this particular vehicle.