Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

1996 Jeep Cherokee Country: one owner..the fuse panel are inop..hood

Customer Question
1996 Jeep Cherokee Country 80K...
1996 Jeep Cherokee Country 80K one owner - All of the items/asssessories on Cavity 9 in the fuse panel are inop. The fuse is good and has been replaced anyway. Only change was to replace the courtesy light under the hood. It had broken and I assumed this caused a short and blown the Cavity 9, 10Amp fuse...

Don't know what else to check. I've checked every fuse in the panel and they are all good.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Jeep
8/2/2010
Jeep Mechanic: Amedee, Jeep Technician replied 7 years ago
Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician
Chat Conversation Started
AMEDEE :

Hello! Are you looking for a wiring diagram? What fuse does not have power to it?

AMEDEE :

Are you talking about fuse number 9 in the fuse panel?

Customer:

No, I'm not looking for a wiring diagram. As I stated, "All of the items/asssessories on Cavity 9 in the fuse panel are inop." In the parts manual, Jeep refers to the fuse by "cavity" in the panel. Cavity 9 is fuse 9.

AMEDEE :

Hello! So there is no power to fuse 9...correct?

Customer:

Again, there is no power in fuse 9 cavity. None of the items on the circuit are operational.

AMEDEE :

Sorry for the delay! What size engine do you have? I will get you a wiring diagram.

Customer:

4.2L - I have the wiring diagram...

AMEDEE :

They don't make a 4.2 liter engine in 1996

AMEDEE :

Check fuse 19 in the power distribution center. Fuse 9 gets its power from this fuse. Here is a wiring diagram.

Full Size Image

Customer:

Sorry, it's the 4.0L, wrong vehicle.

Customer:

Fuse 19 (5 amp/tan) is OK.

AMEDEE :

And do we have power at fuse 19?

AMEDEE :

NO... fuse 19 under the hood is a 20 amp fuse

AMEDEE :

Look at the diagram

AMEDEE :

We are talking about the power distribution center under the hood

AMEDEE :

THis might just be your problem

AMEDEE :

Did you have any further quesitons?

Hello!

I am just checking up on you.

Did you have any further questions?

.

Edited by AMEDEE on 8/6/2010 at 11:29 PM EST
Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician