CDJMasterTech
CDJMasterTech, Jeep MasterTech
Experience:  Factory trained and certified Jeep Master Technician, ASE Master Technician
18188794

00 jeep tornado: driven..engine lite comes..30 mph..accelerate

Customer Question

I have a '00 Jeep Lorado that runs at idle but when it is driven a couple miles starts to cut off, engine lite comes on and it will not run over 30 mph. Then it gets worse. It slows down to a crawl and will not accelerate. Fuel pump, regulator, computer, coil pack, cam sensor have been replaced. Wiring checked. Jeep dealer says replace cam sensor again and something under the cam sensor that has to do with the oil pump.

I need help on this one.. thanks Lee
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Thomas replied 8 years ago.
Hello Lee and welcome do you know what codes you are producing that would help allot?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The codes vary and have been all over the place. Sometimes it will
indicate coil pack(which has been replaced) and other times sensors and even injectors. Codes point to a number of areas. Jeep dealer says
it seems that something is worn under the cam sensor. Some type of gear that has to do with distributor type thing and connects to the oil pump
Expert:  Thomas replied 8 years ago.
That does make sense, when the distributor gets worn it will give erratic reading. I agree with them I think replacement of it will fix your problem. Just mark your old 1 and install the new 1 just like the other cam out.graphic
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
This was done as you were giving answer and it didn't fix the problem. Same bucking and losing power and after a few miles will not accelerate over 10 mph after engine lite comes on.
Expert:  CDJMasterTech replied 8 years ago.
So you have replaced the cam sensor again, and the cam sensor DRIVE assembly also?