Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Noflsh code on odometer jeep 2002 grand cherokee

Customer Question
noflsh code on odometer jeep 2002 grand cherokee
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Jeep
6/28/2010
Jeep Mechanic: Mark, 22 Year Factory trained technician replied 8 years ago
Mark
Mark, 22 Year Factory trained technician
Chat Conversation Started
Mark :

Can you please rephrase the question.....I'm not certain what you are asking.

Customer:

I have just changed my battery. After reconnecting new battery the car works fine except all the instrument cluster gauges. And the letters -- n o F L S H --- appear in the odometer location.

Customer:

I have changed fuse #17. No Change.

Mark :

Is it possible it actually says noFUSE??

Customer:

Do I have to push any more buttons?

Customer:

Changed Fuse #17 again. Both fuse check ok with Ohmeter.

Mark :

You need to change #15.....this is the IOD fuse and is in a plastic holder in the underhood fuse box.

Customer:

Changed #15. Still not better. Old Fuse #15 is OK - good continuity.

Customer:

What does IOD fuse mean?

Customer:

My fuse cover says #15 is Right Lo Beam 10 amp.

Mark :

Does your cover show an IOD fuse......it should.

Customer:

#17 is titled Cluster Diagnose. Looking for IOD anything.

Mark :

Remember this is in a plastic holder and does not "look" like a fuse until you open the holder up.

Customer:

I don't understand ...IOD ?

Mark :

IOD stands for Ignition Off Draw.......when this fuse blows you will get the "noFuSe" message.

Customer:

"Plastic Holder" do you mean the fuse "block" with all 33 fuses under the dash near drivers left knee?

Mark :

No........it's a small holder big enough to hide a fuse inside.

Customer:

Not sure where I should be looking for this? Is an in-line fuse on some wiring. Or near this "main fuse box?"

Customer:

Mark - Sorry I was not able to download the link http://senduit.com/852374 you sent. First my computer blockked it and then I accepted the download but it did not appear. So I tried it again and this time saved it to my computer. I found another photo of the Power Distribution Center at this web site http://www.wjjeeps.com/fuses.htm and #15 is the one you had mentioned before.

Customer:

Pulled 50 amp #15 and found no circuit (open fuse). So this I must replace right?

Mark :

That is correct.......if there is no continuity through the fuse, it is blown and needs replacing.

Customer:

Opps. Sorry I had my Ohmeter on wrong scale. 50 #15 is OK - good continuity.

Customer:

Swapped 50 amp #12 -Power Windows for 50 amp #15 IOD. When #15 slot was filled I heard my 10 CD changer checking out if any CD's were installed (none are there). Power Windows work OK on the swapped fuse.

Mark :

So you are good to go by the sounds of it!

Customer:

Well no. I still have the no FLSH code and no gauges on the instrument cluster yet.

Mark :

Ok, I'm going to pass this on to the other experts for their opinion........I'm out of ideas.....sorry.

Customer:

Mark - Thanks so far. You are very patient. Doug

Customer:

Will someone follow-up later and write me? Or should I stay on-line tonight?

Customer:

Good Night

Customer:

Online info from others suggested unplugging battery for 30 mintues. I unplugged battery overnight, and in the monring reconnected the battery and the "noFLASH" display on the odometer was gone. Regular odometer mileage was back, and the instrument cluster all worked again. Your $13 fee did not solve it, but it helped me check out everything that was NOT the problem.

Mark :

Glad to hear you got it fixed!

Customer:

Reluntantly accepted. July 21, 2010

Mark
Follow-up to noFLSH odometer issue - Problem keep coming back. Jeep dealer said I needed a new instrument cluster (~$800). Bought one on Ebay. Pretty straight forward installation. Now fine all the time. DJ