Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

2005 grand cherokee: accelerates..a reving noice and then it..off.

Customer Question
I have a 2005 grand...
I have a 2005 grand cherokee..Recently when I step on the gas it accelerates very slow..there is a reving noice and then it takes off..Do you know what would cause this problem....
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Jeep
6/21/2010
Jeep Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 8 years ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello and welcome to just answer Jeep. This kind of sounds like your transmission is slipping. This could be something as simple as low fluid level, or another transmission problem. The first thing you should do is check the fluid level in the r\transmission. Warm the engine up, park the Jeep on level ground, put the shift lever in neutral and then pull the trans dipstick, wipe it off, reinsert it and pull it back out. The fluid should be in the "warm" zone on the stick. If it is low, then add about a half of a quart of ATF fluid at a time until it is at the proper level. Now if the fluid is ok, then have a trans shop check your transmission for other problems. Hope this helps, and let me know if you need more assistance with this.

Chris