Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee: overdrive light..drive acts..change gears

Customer Question
I have a 1995 Jeep...
I have a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee the overdrive light is on and will not go off. It also will not go when put into drive acts like you have the brake on, if you start out in low it will go but not change gears. Replaced the transmission still having same issues. Does anyone know where the relay switch for the overdrive is located?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Jeep
2/13/2010
Jeep Mechanic: Dave, Jeep Master Tech replied 7 years ago
Dave
Dave, Jeep Master Tech

Hi, if you have replaced the transmission and you are still having the same problem then it is most likely the transmission control module or even the wiring for the OD switch. or anything in between.

I am sending you the wiring diagram information for the transmission system. As you can see other then the OD switch everything else is located on the valve body of the trany (the relays, solenoids, sensors).

Let me know if you need anything else.

Dave

graphicgraphicgraphicgraphic

Hi, is there anything else i can do for you? If so please ask if not please accept so i can get paid for my time.

Thanks

Dave

Dave
Dave
Dave, Jeep Master Tech