Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Is there a way to siphon gas from a Jeep Liberty or Toyota

Is there a way to siphon gas from a Jeep Liberty or Toyota Tacoma pick-up that has an anti-siphon ball? We live in a hard to reach area and was recently snowbound for several days. We were running low on fuel for our generator and was going to siphon from the two vehicles which proved impossible. Is there a way to get fuel out of these vehicles?
Thank you

Sam Seay
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 7 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX is noway to siphon the fuel, but you can remove the fule line from the filter and jumper power to the fuel relay and fill a container, but with the anti siphon ball, you cant sysphon it out, I have installed arocker switch to the relay on mine and put a tee in the fuel line, and when I need fuel in my snowmobiles, i just flip the switch and fillem up,Tim