sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2009 jeep patriot. On my way home the ABS,ESP/BAS,4WD

I have a 2009 jeep patriot. On my way home the ABS,ESP/BAS,4WD and TCS lights all came on. What can be the problem?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 years ago.
Hello and welcome back to JustAnswer!

There are very many possibilities for this. The ABS module has seen a problem somewhere in the system, set a fault code, disabled these systems and turned on the indicator lights.

The first thing that will need to be done is to scan all of the modules on the vehicle to retrieve all stored fault codes. The stored codes will tell what direction to go to start diagnosis. You could have a a bad steering angle sensor, ABS module, wheel speed sensor, wiring issue, etc, brake pressure sensor problem, etc.

With your Patriot being a 2009 I'm assuming your mileage is still under 36,000, and if it is the repair will be covered under basic warranty at your dealer.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes sir, I have a 7 year 70,000 mile warenty. I was hopeing it was something simple since here no dealership works on the weekends. Guess I'll be waiting till monday. Is it safe to still drive short distances or not? Thank You for your time.

Great, you should have no trouble getting it fixed under warranty then!

In the mean time it will be safe to drive, you just won't have these systems operable while the lights are on. It'll be back to the basics - no ESP, no Brake Assist, and you won't have ABS braking.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Great. Thank You for your time and have a good weekend sir.
You're welcome, and good luck with your Jeep! Have a great weekend yourself!