Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Jeep Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Jeep Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

Where is the thermostat located in a 98 Jeep grand Cherokee,

Where is the thermostat located in a 98 Jeep grand Cherokee, 6 Cyl ?

If you follow the upper radiator hose from the radiator to where it meets the engine, this is the thermostat housing. The thermostat is inside.

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Am i going down the right track? Based on my additional info about the overheating?

Yes. The thermostat is a 1-time use item. Once the wax core of the thermostat is compromised, thats the end of it. Sounds like yours is stuck "open".
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok, thanks that is enough to get me goin or make me dangerous. This is the first time I've used this site. I feel like I should give you somethin but not sure how to do that or for that matter what is customary. Can you advise please?
Hahaha! You'll do fine. By clicking the ACCEPT button, i have been compensated for my efforts. There is a "JA Bonus" button that provides a place to add an additional "tip" however this is not nessacary... appreciated, but not nessacary.